Welcome To Everetts Elementary School!
The School Performance Grades are based 80 percent on our school’s achievement score (student proficiency) and 20 percent on students’ academic growth. At Everetts Elementary, our achievement score is based on how well our students’ performed on: Grades 3–5 Mathematics, Grades 3–5 English Language Arts/Reading, and Grade 5 Science.
To meet the learning needs of your child, Everetts Elementary provides 1:1 iPads in Grades 3-5; two computer labs; Digital Content; Blended Learning; small class sizes; Music; and an after-school program to provide extra support.
One of our top priorities for 2014–15 is to improve our School Performance Grade. There are a number of key initiatives we have in place to help improve student performance. These include:
- Increase student achievement in grades K-5 by 16.7% by the end of the school year by adhering to best instructional practices.
- Increase staff/student attendance rate to 97% by the end of the school year by acknowledging students who have perfect attendance with a small celebration at the end of each six weeks.
- Increase parent/community involvement by 15% with phone calls home, parent leader working in the community and principal sending messages via Alert Now.
- Increase professional development opportunities for teacher in the areas of culture and climate to promote increase positive behavior and establish relationships.
- Increase the use of technology in the instruction by 50% to support student learning.